Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras

Since Mardi Gras officially ends tomorrow, I think it's appropriate to post my sister-in-law's cake. She decided this year, for her 3oth birthday, to celebrate at Copeland's, a New Orleans Restaurant. Sadly, I had a very busy schedule at the time (a trip to Orlando and back, working every night, a baby shower and a cake for it) so I didn't have much time to make an extravagant cake like I would have loved to do! So I had to make the best of the time I had.
I made a mask out of gumpaste and then decorated with my lace mold and painted it with some gel food colors (again, not as extravagant as I would have liked).

Then I made her favorite flavor cake, chocolate with raspberry filling, iced in buttercream. I decorated with Mardi Gras colors, yellow, green, and purple. And of course I had to add the "30" for the birthday girl's milestone!

I had to leave the party early to get to work so I didn't get to taste a piece, but I heard it tasted great! I also missed out on some awesome food, but I did get to taste some appetizers which were heavenly. Maybe someday I'll get back to Copeland's....tomorrow would be perfect to celebrate the end of Mardi Gras!

Hope you had a great 30th, Heather!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, you did a great job on this Mardi Gras cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jenniffer! It means a lot coming from such an amazing cake artist!

    ReplyDelete